Location: Russian Federation, Southern Federal District, Republic of Crimea.
Area – 1,589 km (6,1% of the total territory of the republic).
Population – 88,4 thousand people.
Distance from the city of Simferopol – 30 km, from the city of Sevastopol – 51 km.
Administrative center is the city of Bakhchisaray.
Bakhchisaray district located in the Southwestern part of the republic and is bordered to the North of Simferopol district, on the East by the urban district of Alushta, in the South urban district of Yalta, in the Southwest city of Federal significance Sevastopol, the West coast district is washed by the Black sea.
Most of the territory is occupied by mountains, only in the Northwest, the area has access to the sea, the terrain is relatively flat. The municipality of Bakhchisaray district comprises of: one urban settlement, 17 rural settlements, and 80 villages.
Bakhchisaray district has sufficient resource availability (minerals, forest, land, water resources, etc.).
Convenient transport and geographical location, availability of labour resources, wide opportunities for organizing and conducting business, developed municipal infrastructure, availability of free land resources create competitive advantages for the development of the region.
The region specializes: agriculture, industrial production, recreation and tourism.
Agriculture is represented by horticulture, viticulture, vegetable growing, cultivation of essential oil crops, cereals, as well as animal husbandry. The area of gardens in the district is 2,5 thousand hectares, grape plantations - 4,5 thousand hectares. On the territory of the district there are 3 greenhouse complexes of closed ground with a total area of 15,1 hectares.
The main factor that determines the direction of development of the agro-industrial complex of Bakhchisaray region is the orientation to the fullest use of the bioclimatic potential. That is why such industries as viticulture, fruit growing, production of essential oil crops, and indoor vegetables are considered priority and receive all possible assistance in their development in the district.
Investment in agriculture
The main agricultural enterprises specializing in the production of fruits and grapes are: PJSC "Burlyuk", JSC "Chernomorets Agrofirm", "Bakhchisaray Valley" LLC, "Gardens of Alminskaya valley" LLC, "Invest-Plus" LLC, "Farmer LTD".
Investment in the development of winemaking
Significant export opportunities in winemaking are provided by enterprises of "Wine house "Fotisal" LLC, "Invest-plus" LLC, specializing in the production of grape wine.
Investment in industry
Industry of building materials, products and structures is one of the basic segments of the district's industry. The main enterprises of the industry: JSC Bakhchisaray plant "Stroyndustriya" (cement production) and JSC "Alminsky plant of building materials" (production of building wall materials from sawn limestone). Manufacture of metal structures and products by JSC Bahchisaray construction plant "Dorindustriya".
SUE RC "Krymzhelezobeton" (Bakhchisaray production site) produces high-quality commercial concrete of various brands, reinforced concrete products for industrial and civil construction, paving slabs and shaped paving elements, commercial rebar, and also provides truck transport services.
Investment in the health resort business
The basis of the recreation complex of Bakhchisaray district is made up of boarding houses, hotels, children's health camps, health resorts and recreation centers. Sanatorium and resort complex of Bakhchisaray district is represented by 30 resort and recreational institutions, 29 of them are working:
- 8 children's health camps,
- 3 boarding houses,
- 1 health resort for parents with children,
- 7 recreation centers,
- 11 hotels.
The length of the coastal zone of Bakhchisaray district is 14 km. The total number of beaches in the area is 18, of which 9 are public.
Investment in children's health recreation
Most large companies resort and recreation complex: sanatorium "Chernomorets" ("Profipolistirol" LLC); Health-Sports Complex "Dolphin" (a branch of SUE "Solnechnaya Tavrika"); "Children recreation camp named after A.V. Kazakevich" LLC; Hotel complex "Kaplya morya"; Pansion "Volna Park" LLC.
On the territory of the district there are modern children's health camps: Children recreation camp "Mandarin" and International Children and Youth Center "Ai Camp", which have their own beaches, sea water pools, football fields, tennis courts, sports clubs with qualified specialists.
On the basis of the Aji-Su mineral spring, "Chernye vody" - physiotherapy hospital, specializing in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system; post-traumatic complications; vascular pathologies; peripheral nervous system; dermatological, gynecological and urological pathologies.
All types of tourism are actively developing on the territory of the district – health, historical, ethnographic, sports, rural (green), business, pedestrian, mountain, extreme, etc. Examples of successful implementation of projects in the field of tourism are: estate "Alimova Balka", country club "Kermenchik", fishing village "Black stones", donkey farm "Miracle donkey", etc.
The historical and cultural potential of the region is the basis for investment in tourism.
The most significant objects of cultural and historical heritage are: residence of the Crimean khans "Khan's Palace", Assumption Monastery of the Caves, ancient cave fortress city of Chufut-Kale, as well as the cave fortress cities of Tepe-Kermen, Kyz-Kermen, Mangup-Kale, Eski Kermen, the cave monasteries of Kachi-Kalon, Chelter and Suldan.
Folk crafts are being actively revived in Bakhchisaray district, and "Marama" ethnographic center is operating, where filigreers, goldsmiths, and potters pass on their experience to their students.
Large investment projects:
In Bakhchisaray district of the Republic of Crimea, the largest volume of investment was actually invested in the implementation of the following projects:
- development of viticulture in Bakhchisaray district of the Republic of Crimea on the lands of the Agricultural company "Magarach", the total investment volume is RUB 1.08 billion;
- a refrigerating and storage complex for storing agricultural products for 2,500 tons (with a further increase in storage volumes to 10,000 tons), with a platform for unloading and waiting for motor transport, the total investment volume is RUB 105 million;
- Construction of the residential complex "Mir", the investment volume is RUB 561.2 million;
- development and laying of vineyards, orchards and fruit plantations, cultivation of fruit and vegetable products and fresh fruits, the total investment is RUB 781.4 million.
Projects implemented within the framework of the Free Economic Zone (FEZ) in Bakhchisaray district of the Republic of Crimea
79 projects are being implemented in the territory of Bakhchisaray district. The largest investment volume has actually been invested in the implementation of the following projects:
- creation of an agricultural complex for growing and processing grapes and other products made from grape raw materials, providing excursion and related services (the investment volume is over RUB 1.5 billion, 172 jobs are being created);
- construction of the greenhouse complex "Solnechny" (the investment volume is over RUB 1.3 billion, 199 jobs are being created);
- development of a complex for growing and processing grapes" (the investment volume is over RUB 1 billion, 116 jobs are being created);
- development and laying of vineyards, orchards and fruit plantations, cultivation of fruit and vegetable agricultural products and fresh fruits" (the investment volume is RUB 612.2 million, 200 jobs are being created).
Investment in fixed assets in Bakhchisaray district of the Republic of Crimea
Investment in fixed assets for 2020 amounted to 1,7 billion rubles.
Per 1 person investment – 18,8 thousand rubles.
Investment in education
In the municipal formation of Bakhchisaray district, it is planned:
- construction of 3 kindergartens for 530 places in Krasny Mak village, Pochtovoye urban-type settlement and Bakhchisaray city (the total investment is RUB 842.9 million), as well as schools for 600 places in Bakhchisaray city (the investment volume is RUB 596.6 million);
- Reconstruction of the building of a preschool educational institution in Bakhchisaray district of Vilino village for 240 seats (the investment volume is RUB 156.9 million).