Location: Russian Federation, Southern Federal District, Republic of Crimea.
Area – 1208,2 km2 (4.5% of the total territory of the republic).
Population – 51,1 thousand people.
Distance from the city of Simferopol – 100 km.
Administrative center – Kirovskoye urban-type settlement.
Kirovsky district is located in the eastern part of the Crimean Peninsula. It is bordered in the East by Leninsky district, in the Southeast by the urban district of Feodosia, in the South by the urban district of Sudak, in the West by Belogorsk and Sovetsky districts. The territory has a foothill structure, which is gradually smoothed in the North, forming the Sivash steppe, washed by the salt waters of Sivash Bay.
There are 40 settlements in the district (one of which is a urban settlement Stary Krym , 1 village (Kirovskoe), 38 villages. They are grouped into 13 municipalities: 1 urban settlement and 12 rural settlements.
The main specialization of the region is agriculture.
The area of agricultural land is 72.0 thousand ha. The region specializes in the cultivation of grain and leguminous crops. Their share in the total area under crops is about 70%. The largest enterprises of the region that grow grain and leguminous crops are: «Starokrymsky» LLC, Agricultural production cooperative «Prisivashye», «Agro-2000» JLLC, «Agroindustrial Complex «Rodnoe Krym» LLC.
Investment in agriculture
The region has developed favorable conditions for gardening and growing grapes.
Agricultural enterprises of the district cultivate 1952 ha of vineyards and 319 ha of gardens. The main enterprises engaged in the cultivation of perennial plantations, in particular, viticulture, there are: «Starokrymsky» JSC, «Magarach-Invest» LLC, «Komponent-Kafa» LLC, horticulture, there are: «Starokrymsky» LLC, «Fruits of Stary Krym» LLC, «Agro 2000» LLC, «IPAZ - Krym» LLC, «New Crimea» LLC.
The district accounts for 10% of the total vineyard area of the Republic of Crimea.
Livestock: three enterprises operate in the region: Agricultural production cooperative «OWEN-2015» (sheep breeding industry), Individual entrepreneur Sergey Vasilyevich Sivtsev, peasant farm economy (pig-breeding industry). Individual entrepreneur Goloborodko, peasant farm economy (livestock industry).
Historical and cultural potential of the region are the basis for investment in tourism
More than 50 monuments of history, culture and architecture are located on the territory of Kirovsky district, including:
The monastery complex Surb Khach. The Armenian monastery of Surb Khach, a unique architectural monument, is located 3 km Southeast of the town of Stary Krym, located on the territory of the former medieval shopping center Surkhat.
The monastery complex of Surb Khach is over 650 years old. Every year in August the Armenian holiday «Vardavar» takes place on the territory of the complex. Armenians from all over the Crimea come to take part in it.
Caravansaray − the shopping center of the city. It was one of the most significant buildings of Solkhat. Behind the high stonewall with benches and wooden galleries attached to it from the inside, «rooms» for the night of visiting merchants, a wide courtyard for carts and pack animals extended. The main building had two floors, the rest were one-story. On the square near Caravansaray there was a brisk trade in slaves, from which thousands of unfortunates went into life slavery to Constantinople, Genoa, Venice, Egypt. A little has survived two walls of its fence from Caravansaray.
Khan Uzbek mosque. The temple is well survived up to modern times, except for the minaret, there is only a base remains. Earlier, a large building of a religious school of madrasah adjoined the southern end of the Uzbek mosque.
The lead mosque, the ruins of the mint. Not far from the mosque of Uzbek you can see the ruins of the 18th century mint and the ruins of Kurshum Dzhami − the «Lead» mosque (it dates from the end of the 14th century). According to the legend, the builders of the mosque for the purpose of greater strength and durability of the building melted lead and poured stone joints on it.
Baybars Mosque. The remains of the majestic portal are preserved, but there is no minaret, which can be seen in M. Ivanov's watercolors of the late XVIII century.
Catherine mile. The monument of history and architecture, a road sign built in 1784 - 1787, every 10 versts, on the intended route of Catherine the Great (located in the courtyard of the Literary and Art Museum in the city of Old Crimea). The second Catherine mile is located on the territory of the Pervomaisky rural settlement site. On the territory of the Republic of Crimea, only 5 miles has been preserved.
Mount Klementieva (Uzun-Syrt) is one of the places known to all aviators in Europe with unique upper-air properties. Unique air currents, randomly discovered by K.K. Artseulov during a walk with M. Voloshin and his famous hat hovering over the mountain.
Uzun-Syrt in Turkic means “long ridge, back”. The ridge looks like a long, flat shaft, resembling a giant frozen wave of the sea surf: a wide ribbon stretching 7.5 kilometers in length with a perfectly regular flat top.
Today, «Koktebel Center for Gliding» is functioning here. Every year the Center organizes competitions in parachuting − skydiving day and at night, holds competitions in glider, paragliding and parachuting, entertainment events with the participation of small aircraft.
Memorial House-Museum of A.S. Green in Stary Krym − the oldest museum of the city and the first memorial museum of the writer. The uniqueness of Stary Krym Museum is that it is the only writer's own home, bought by his wife Nina Nikolaevna from the nuns in exchange for the golden watch.
Also on the territory of Kirovsky district in the city of Stary Krym are located: the memorial House Museum of A.S. Green, Literary and Art museum, the House-Museum of K. Paustovsky. These objects are part of the State Budget Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Historical and Cultural Memorial Museum-Reserve» «Cimmeria M.A. Voloshin».
Large investment projects
In Kirovsky district of the Republic of Crimea, investment are actually invested in the implementation of the following projects:
- the laying of a garden on 120 ha and the arrangement of storage tanks for drip irrigation, the total investment of RUB 609.1 million;
- construction and operation of a gas station on the "Tavrida" highway, the total investment volume is RUB 283.5 million;
- construction and operation of a gas station and construction, operation of a multifunctional road service zone, total investment is RUB 660 million.
Projects implemented within the Free Economic Zone (FEZ) of the Republic of Crimea
11 projects are being implemented in Kirovsky district municipality within the framework of the FEZ, the largest of them are:
- modernization of the line for the primary processing of wine raw materials, the capital investment volume is RUB 31.3 million, 62 jobs were created;
- development of an enterprise for laying an apple orchard and growing apples through capital investment in the construction of a fruit storage facility and the purchase of refrigeration equipment, the capital investment volume is RUB 1.9 billion, 80 jobs have been created;
- complex technical re-equipment, purchase of new equipment and machinery, construction of production facilities, laying of new vineyards at JSC "Starokrymsky" of the Republic of Crimea, the capital investment volume is RUB 34.5 million;
- the enterprise for growing grain and industrial crops using energy and water saving technology with the construction of a livestock complex for the production of rabbit meat with a capacity of 155,000 kg/year, the capital investment volume is RUB 25.8 million, 33 jobs have been created;
- creation of the production of primary processing of sheep wool and the formation of the production and technological base for the production of tops in the Crimea, the capital investment volume is RUB 41.5 million, 42 jobs were created.
Investment in fixed capital in Kirovsky district of the Republic of Crimea
Investment in fixed assets in 2020 amounted to 833.9 million RUB.
Based on 1 person investment amounted to 16.2 thousand RUB.
Investment in education
In the near future, the following are planned:
- construction of a preschool educational organization for 350 places in Stary Krym city, the estimated cost of the project is RUB 322.8 million;
- construction of educational buildings for 360 seats for the municipal budget educational institution "Kirov secondary School No. 1" of the Kirovsky district of the Republic of Crimea, the estimated cost of the project is RUB 343.2 million.
Investment in the field of physical education and sports
In 2021, a sports and recreation complex is planned to put into operation in Kirovskoye urban-type settlement, Kirovsky district.
© Investment Portal of the Republic of Crimea